Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Friday, January 29, 2010

first week or so at Port

Hey! sooo its been about 5 days since I got here and it has been a whirlwind of emotions just flying all over the place. You first feel excitement for being back and seeing old friends again then just as quickly you remember everyone you left behind and the life that you have traded for a whole new one. Then with those two polar opposite feelings comes a million other feelings that sometimes I don't even know how to describe. I am just hoping I get all my weird feeling thing out of the way before new students come. My weirdness is going to freak them out anyway..can you imagine how scared they would be with my emotional wreck added on top of my weirdness?? Ya, I don't even want to :P.

These past few days, Emily, Sophie, and I have been taking classes on Prayer with Tom our director. They were the best classes ever! They were exactly what I needed. What I think made them so special was the time that we would take just to pray about the new students, returning students, staff, and for each other. Prayer really just united Sophie, Em, and I in a way that I can't put into words. It gave us a renewed hope and vision for this coming semester and a view into what God wants to do with us. The topic of prayer couldn't have come in a better time for Em and Soph as these past few days have been hard for them. It really showed us that all we can do is pray and believe that God has everything under control and will accomplish His will in our life.

Coolest thing ever last night Em, Soph, and I took out a bunch of blankets and went outside to lay out and look at the stars/moon which where usually covered up by clouds. But we had a blast just snuggling under our blankets (because it is freezing outside!) and talking, crying, praying, and playing games. God is so good!! He brought two beautiful girls in my life who I can connect with on a much deeper level than just superficial friendship, we can connect on a spiritual intimate level. Portantorchas is seriously my home away from home, a pesar (can't think of that word in english sorry jeje) of all the hard goodbyes. I Love you girls!! (I love everyone from my Port family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment