Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dia de los Reyes (an excuse to give more gifts)

January 6 is not just an ordinary day here in Mexico. You see, thanks to the Latino blood we find ways to celebrate and have a party. And today is the holiday Day of the Kings. Why do we celebrate this? We are celebrating the time that the wisemen arrived to worship Jesus and gave him gifts. How do we celebrate this? Well, everyone else BUT us give gifts to the kids of the family *((ahem parents!!))* jaja and then everyone (yes even us :P) eat a special sweet bread that has around 5 little plastic baby Jesus' and the idea behind these plastic figurines is that if you get the plastic baby Jesus in your slice of bread you have to buy tamales for Febuary 2nd (another reason to party!). My brother, Adrian, has bad luck and this is his third year that he has received the plastic figurine. All I can say is that he has yet to buy me those tamales... and I am hungry!!! Anyway... I thought I would let you all know a little bit of Latin culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment