Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why does the word BYE have good in front of it when they are anything but good?

Ok so in the course of one week I am going to have been in three countries. Talk about jet lag, huh? I have had to say goodbye to the students who I studied at the Bible School with for a year, who became my family for a year. That was the beginning of a lot of really hard goodbyes I will have to make this week. I also had to say a tearful but full of God given peace goodbye to my boyfriend, David. I arrived home, to Mexico, on Monday pretty late. When I woke up Tuesday morning I had no earthly idea where I was. Segun yo (according to me) I was still in Costa Rica and needless to say it was a big reaity shock when the reality of my new situation hit. So then I went through the feelings of missing my Port family (people from Bible School) and missing my boyfriend and wondering how we are ever going to survive 3 years apart only seeing each other every six months. Then I had to come to grips with being back with my family and friends from Mexico only to say goodbye to them in a week. I tried to not let my heart really feel, but ofcourse that is impossible. I havespent probably every night this week just crying, mourning the end of one huge chapter of my life and dreading the next chapter of my life which consists of living in the USA for a least 3 years. It is times like these when God reminds me once again that He is faithful and although I have to say goodbye to everyone I care and love, I don’t have to say goodbye to Him and I will never have to. Needless to say this is when my love for Spanish is really important because the word for goodbye is adios and there is no “good” in it whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment