Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Me, Diana Raquel, your Mk Modern Day Nomad

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rain.


What is it about rain. About distant thunder rolling in. About standing in the middle of a thunderstorm with your face up soaking in all of the rain drops falling one by one.

Growing up in Mexico there are two seasons. Rainy season and Dry season. In the dry season it gets hot, dry, dusty, and everyone starts getting on edge. Especially my mother. I remember times when my mom would pray for the rains to come. I remember my Senior year in high school and my best friend and I were hanging at school after hours watching some of our guy friends play basketball and it starting raining for the first time that season. My best friend and I ran out from under the trees and just basked in the beginning of the end of a dry season.

Do you know that fresh after rain smell? When you walk outside after a thunderstorm and it smells musty still and the grass is alive and thriving. That is what rain. Rushing water. A single drop of rain. Reminds me of. It is a new beginning, a time to run out and have the rain wash away all of your doubts. Hurts. Anger. Regrets. Anything unsaid. Everything is washed away and you get to start fresh, revived. I say, run out into that rain! Enjoy life! Enjoy feeling!

Rain. A waterfall. A shower. That first drop of rain to fall and land on the tip of your eye lash. It all comes at the time when I need to feel again. When I need to raise my face up and let it welcome in a new season of my life.

Let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment